What Happens Next?
You must complete treatment following your DWI/DUI Assessment in order for your driver's license to be reinstated. Your assessment is what determines how long your treatment will be.
The lowest level treatment program offered in NC.
- This must be your first DWI/DUI conviction
- Your Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) at the time of arrest must be .14 or less.
- You did not refuse to take the breath test
- The assessment determined you have no substance use disorder diagnosis as determined by the DSM-5 & ASAM standards
- You must attend the required 16 hour ADETS program over a 5 day period.
- Cost: $160 + $25 for the book
What qualifies you for group treatment?
- You have more than 1 DWI/DUI in your lifetime
- You refused to take the breath test
- Your BAC of was .15 or greater at the time of arrest
- Your assessment reveals a diagnosis of Substance Use Disorder is Mild (LVL II) or Moderate (LVL III)
- Depending on your assessment, you'll be required to attend 20-89 hours of group sessions over a couple months.
- Cost: $30/hr + $25 for the book
Things You Should Know
Northeastern Professional Counseling is a Certified DWI Facility that provides DWI/DUI Assessments and Treatment (ADETS/Group Classes).
Anna Coker is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor and Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist with more than 12 years experience working in the mental health and substance abuse field. As a DWI Provider in the State of North Carolina, she is passionate about working with people and bringing education about healthy alcohol use to her community and beyond.
Getting a DWI/DUI in a small town can feel shameful and embarrassing. At Northeastern Professional Counseling, we believe in the highest level of privacy and second (even third or forth) chances.